Monday, July 02, 2007

Problems after upgrade xserver-xorg in Debian

Today I've upgrade my Debian installation (a mix of testing and unstable) and after a reboot the X server did not start complaining about the missing nvidia module (I'm using the drivers from NVidia site). I've also reinstalled the nvidia drivers but the problem still persisted...

I then tried to install the new version of the nvidia drivers (mine was version 1.0-9755 but now there's the new version 100.14.11). After having installed these new drivers, the X server did not complain about the missing nvidia driver, but it was complaining about the missing keyboard driver.

Actually, it looks like the name of the driver for the keyboard has changed from keyboard to kbd, so all I had to do is to change this string in the xorg.conf file... now I'm on X again :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, hope you'll be able to fix the problem...