Happy New Year :-)
I've just released the new version of GNU Gengetopt 2.19: http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt.
This release basically fixes some bugs such as:
- Wherever they can be specified, strings can spawn more than one line and contain escaped " (e.g., \");
- with --long-help the optional options are correctly printed between ;
- Now --no-handle-help correctly handles also --full-help (thanks to Gyozo Papp), i.e., when --no-handle-help is specified in gengetopt, the generated command line parser will not handle automatically the --full-help, but will allow the programmer to do so;
- automatically generated usage strings are now correctly wrapped.
- usage string can be specified by the programmer in the .ggo file, thus overriding the one generated automatically by gengetopt;
- the programmer can also specify in the .ggo file a description string that will be printed after the usage string, in the --help output;
- configuration files can include other configuration files (thanks to David Bird), using the include keyword
- the option --show-required was added: if specified to gengetopt, the generated help output will print the string "(mandatory)" after the description of each required option; you can also specify the string that has to be printed, instead of the default "(mandatory)"