Thursday, February 15, 2007

Eclipse, Php Ide and Gentoo

As I said yesterday, I successfully installed eclipse and phpide in my Gentoo box. I had also set up the link to mysql socket, as I had explained in my previous post.

However, as soon as I tried to run a php script that uses mysql functions I got this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/bettini/workspaces/php/dbtophp/share/db.php on line 23
could not connect to database

Fortunately, this is a known error in mysql documentation:

In fact, I just did what that page says, i.e., reset the password to the "old" style:

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'some user'@localhost = OLD_PASSWORD('your password');

and the error went away.

Probably this was due to the fact that mysql is version 5.0, but the php engine that comes with phpide (and that I use for running and debugging scripts from within Eclipse) still uses the old mysql functions for connecting to the database.


Hua said...

If you are not familiar with php functions,and want to find php functions contains some words.for example,you want to find php functions contains 'url',try this site:

clod said...

Codelobster works better for me.